1927 BASEBALL TEAM TO PLAY FIRST HOME GAME

BOTH TEAMS LOST TO MIDDLESEX BY 5 TO 4 COUNT

The 1927 nine will play its first home game at 4 o'clock this afternoon when the Huntington School team will invade Soldiers Field eager to avenge their defeat at the hand of last year's Freshman team. Comparison of scores points to an even contest but the Huntington outfit with 6 new players may show up better than last year when the Freshman team won as it pleased, 10 to 1.

Both Teams Downed By Middlesex

Both teams have lost to Middlesex this year by the same score, 5 to 4, but the schoolboys suffered a 16 to 11 defeat by Milton Academy last week in a game that showed a well-developed attack and a comparatively poor defense. Pitching has been Coach Moore's greatest trouble this spring and the Freshman bats may be as busy this afternoon as when they piled up 16 runs against Loomis last week.

Coach Davidson has made several changes in the Freshman line-up since the spring trip. Phelps, a pitcher who played second base in the Loomis game after Gross had hurt his shoulder, has fit in to the infield so well that he will hold down third base this afternoon and lead the batting order. Zarakov, the versatile Freshman athlete, will be at shortstop, and Gross, who is ready to play again will take care of second. The keystone sack will be held down by Ellison, who played for Andover last year.

Hamlen, Bennett, Bailey in Outfield

Hamlen, quarterback on the 1927 football team, played at third base during the spring trip but will start this afternoon in charge of right field. Bennett, who played on the Exeter team last year and who has been starring in the field this spring, will again be in center field with Bailey, a Middlesex player, in left field.

Booth, Gates, Barnum and Robinson form a quartet of pitchers who have worked almost equally well in practice this spring. Gates in particular pitched well on the spring trip, fanning 11 men against Loomis and giving no bases on balls. Coach Davidson will probably start Barnum this afternoon, who pitched for Middlesex last year, but Booth may get the assignment.