HARVARD-PRINCETON ART CLUB PLANS INSTITUTE

PROJECT WILL BE FINANCED BY OTTO KAHN

The members of the University who belong to the Harvard-Princeton Fine Arts Club held their annual meeting at Princeton during the vacation. About a dozen professional students, led by Professor E. W. Forbes '95, director of the Fogg Art Museum, and Professor P. J. Sachs '00 gathered with the Princeton delegation on Friday night at the Princeton Graduate School, where the work of the clubs during the past year was discussed.

On Saturday morning the first formal meeting was held. Professor Sachs was reelected president of the club and among the questions of policy that were brought up was the suggestion of a summer institute to be held at Princeton.

May Organize Institute This summer

This Institute will possibly be organized in time for a session this summer, but it will certainly be a reality next summer. For about six weeks after the first of August, an eminent foreign scholar, with an American, would conduct exercises and lectures on Fine Arts. These would be open to students from any college who could satisfy a committee which has been appointed to further the plans, already made.

On Sunday, the club was entertained by Mr. Widener at Lynnewood Hall, near Philadelphia, Mr. Widener's entire collection, which is one of the best private collections in the country, was thrown open to the party. In this, are the two Rembrandts that were owned formerly by Prince Yousoupoff and whose genuineness has recently been assailed in the press.