400 SOPHOMORES WILL ATTEND CLASS DINNER

First Banquet of Class of 1926 to be Held in Union Wednesday Greenough, Little, Owen Are to Speak

Over 400 members of the Sophomore class are expected to crowd the Living Room of the Union at the first dinner of the Class of 1926 at 6 o'clock on Wednesday evening.

Last Tuesday, return post cards were sent out to every Sophomore in the College and the Engineering School, and by noon on Saturday, R. G. Allen '26, chairman of the dinner committee, had received over 300 replies. A rush of last minute acceptances today and tomorrow is expected to bring the final attendance at the dinner up to 400 and over.

Speeches and Music on Program

Tentative plans drawn up for the evening's entertainment include speeches by Dean Greenough, Assistant Dean Little, and George Owen '23. Music will be furnished by Moynahan's orchestra during and after the dinner.

An annual feature of the spring Sophomore dinner which will be followed this year is the distribution of the Sophomore Blue Book, a volume supplementary to the Freshman Red Book. The Blue Book has been in preparation for the past three months under the direction of G. D. Debevoise '26 and E. W. Marshall '26, in charge of the editorial and business departments, respectively, and it will be distributed free to all Sophomore attending the dinner on Wednesday evening.

1926 Blue Book Is More Elaborate

This year's edition of the Blue Book will be more elaborate and complete than in former years. It will contain the pictures and the records of all spring Freshman teams of which the Red Book, because of its early publication, could make only fragmentary mention. In addition the Blue Book will contain the pictures and the records of all members of the class of 1926 who, as Sophomores, have won their letters on University teams.

The cost of the dinner to all Sophomores was originally placed at $2.00: but by a special arrangement concluded last week by the dinner committee, the charge has been reduced to $1.50. As the dinner is to be held in the Union, it will be possible for all those Sophomores who are members of the Union to sign for their meals so that the charge will be deferred to the June term bill.