RECOMMEND HUBBARD FOR CAMBRIDGE SCHOLARSHIP

SOPHOMORES AND FRESHMEN GET ELEVEN OTHER AWARDS

Russell Sturgis Hubbard Jr. '24, of Milton, has been nominated by the President and Fellows of Harvard College for the Charles Henry Fiske 3d Scholarship for study at Trinity College, Cambridge University, in England. Hubbard came to Harvard from St. George's School in Newport, Rhode Island. He has been active in the Glee Club and Phillips Brooks House, and was a tackle on the University football team, earning his letter last fall.

The award of this scholarship is in the hands of the Council of Trinity College following such nomination. It was established in 1919 in memory of Lieutenant Charles H. Fiske 3d of Harvard '19, who died of wounds received in action with the 111th Infantry of the 28th Division in France in August, 1918. The present holder of the scholarship is James A. H. Wilder '23, of Hawaii.

Other Scholarships

Two Harvard Clubs and one college class are represented among the other scholarships awarded at this time. Harold Greenleaf Phelps, of Grosse Pointe Park; Mich., a Freshman, received the Harvard Club of Michigan scholarship and Elbert Arthur Sanford '26, of Rochester, N. Y., the Rochester (N. Y.) Club scholarship. The class of 1867 scholarship goes to Benjamin Max Bank, a Freshman, whose home is Malden.

A scholarship in memory of Thomas Hall Jr. '93, is divided between two Freshmen, Norman Warren Schur, of Boston, and Francis Edmund Harrington, of Dorchester. Thomas Eldreth Finley Jr. '26, of Madisonville, Ky., and Archibald Prewitt DeWeese '26, of Lexington, Ky., are awarded James A. Rumrill Scholarships. Thomas Senior Berry of Northampton, and Lewis Hyman Weinstein, of Portland, Me., both Freshmen, receive Crowninshield scholarships, and Mary L. Whitney scholarships go to other Freshmen, Francis Boland King, of Brighton, and Henry Mayer Wilson of Louisville, Ky., while Kemp Henry Smith '26, of Albion, Ill., receives a C. L. Jones scholarship.