TEN ORATORS TO COMPETE

Choose Candidates for Lee Wade and Boylston Speaking Prizes

Ten candidates have been chosen to compete on Thursday, May 8, for the Lee Wade and Boylston Prizes for elocution. The judges to select these men were Dean L. B. R. Briggs '75, Boylston Professor of Rhetoric and Oratory and Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, and Professor F. L. Winter '86, Associate Professor of Public Speaking.

The following is a list of the men who will compete: Edwin Whitney Burch '26 of Rockwell City, lowa; Joseph Fisher '24 of Everett; Alvan Ruckman Grier Jr. '26 of Birmingham, Pennsylvania; Arthur Gustave King '26 of Cambridge; Milton Arnold Kramer '26 of Brookline; Edward Adams Sawin '25 of Cambridge; Fred Ashton Videon '25 of Denver, Colorado; Jullan Hackett Weiss '25 of Ransomville, New York; and Paul Whitcomb Williams '25 of New Bedford.

The Lee Wade Prize of $50 was founded in 1915 by Dr., Francis Henry Wade in memory of his son, Lee Wade, 2d, of the class of 1914. The two Boylston Prizes of and $25 respectively were founded in 1917 by Ward Nicholas Boylston in honor of his uncle, Nicholas Boylston, who established the Boylston Professorship now held by Dean . The competition for these prizes is open to Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores, of good standing in the College.