FORMER INSTRUCTOR RETURNS AS PROFESSOR OF HISTORY

S. E. Morison '07 Has Been Three Years at Oxford

The College Office has announced several additions to the faculty for next year and that S. E. Morison '07 would return next fall from England, where he has been the Harold Vyvyan Harmsworth professor of American history at Oxford since 1922.

Mr. Morison, who left here an instructor, will return to the University to be a full professor in the department of history. His stay in England was made possible by a leave of absence which started in 1922 and expires next fall. While at Oxford he received the degree of A.M. in 1922.

A. M. Schlesinger, who is now at the University as a visiting lecturer on American history, has been appointed a member of next year's faculty as a professor in the department of history. Since 1919, Professor Schlesinger has been head of the history department at the University of Iowa. He is a member of the board of editors of the Mississippi Valley Historical Review, and a member of the American Historical Association and the Mississippi Valley Historical Association. He is also the author of several books.