CRIMSON QUINTETS SHOW TREMENDOUS IMPROVEMENT

Practice Game Ends in 36-27 Victory for University Over 1928--Leekley at Forward and Rauh at Center

The first half of a practice game played yesterday in the Freshman Gymnasium between the University and 1928 quintets, ended with a 25 to 7 score with the Freshman five on the long end. At the end of the game, the Freshmen had scored one more goal, while the University had piled up 29 points to win. 36 to 27.

Leekley started the game yesterday at the forward berth where he played best, on last year's Freshman outfit. Rauh returned to the center job he held last year, and Jones was used as an alternate at forward. This combination failed to function in the first period, while Baldwin and Slocum, the 1928 forward pair, ran riot through the Crimson defense. In the second period, Coach Wachter's quintet, with the best passing attack it has shown so far this season, staged a remarkable comeback, overwhelming the Freshmen. Leekley tallied nine goals from the floor in this period.

The game with M. I. T. tomorrow night on the Engineers floor is not likely to provide the same opposition as that which Columbia gave the Crimson. Consequently, Coach Wachter will probably continue experimenting with the team.