'28 SEKTET OVERCOMES STRONG KENT STICKMEN

MORRILL PERFORMS WELL IN CAGE FOR FRESHMEN

The Harvard Freshman hockey team displayed an excellent brand of hockey Saturday afternoon in defeating a strong Kent School sextet 5 to 2 at the Arena. Superior teamwork on the part of the Freshman skaters overcame the individual brilliance of the schoolboys.

Saltonstall proved again that he will he a formidable candidate for the University left wing position next year. Two of his hard accurate shots from near mid-ice caught the Kent goal-guard napping, and sent the Freshmen into a commanding lead in the second period.

The work of Morrill in the 1928 cage was of the highest order. Adams, regular 1928 goalie, was unable to play Saturday because of a cold, but Morrill successfully broke up the schoolboys' attack, many of his stops being highly sensational.

Chase and Saltonstall excelled for the Freshmen, while the Palmer brothers led the Kent play.

Score, Harvard 1928 5, Kent School 2. Goals, Saltonstall 3, Chase 2, H. Palmer 2. Referee, Pratt. Time, three 20-minute periods. HARVARD 1928  KENT SCHOOL Saltonstall, Richardson, H. Swann l.w.  r.w. Jones, Moore Chase, J. Swann c.  c. J. Palmer, Frothingham Crawford, Cox r.w.  l.w. H. Palmer, Sands Garrison, J. Swann l.d.  r.d. R. Cady Robinson, Watts r.d.  l.d. E. Cady Morrill g.  g. Gammack