TIGER'S 1926 FOOTBALL PROSPECTS LOOK BRIGHT

14 of 17 Lettermen Return Next Fall--Captain McMillan, Dignan and Gates Only Players Lost

Of the 17 men that Coach Roper of Princeton sent against Yale on Saturday, 14 will return to college next fall, and the Tigers hopes for next season are consequently of a distinctly rosy complexion. Captain McMillan, Nassau's capable leader; Dignan, line-breaking left halfback, and left tackle Gates are the only Bengals that upset Saturday's predictions who will not report to the Princeton mentor next September.

Dignan to Be Missed

Next to McMillan, who contributed considerably more than his 200 pounds to Tiger football, Dignan will be the most sorely missed by the Tiger coaches next year. The Princeton leader ended his college career on the gridiron in a blaze of glory, and is already picked by many for the mythical All-American team this year.

Dignan, although no such honor will probably be accorded him, will be missed. As a line-plunger, Dignan had no equal on the squad, unless Prendergast was his superior. As a defensive back, he easily outshone the bemasked Tiger substitute, and one of his chief contributions to Princeton this year was his service as a receiver of the aerial threats around which Roper had built his offense. With Dignan gone, Slagle will have to be supplied with a new battery mate.

Gates Also Graduates

Gates, left tackle and captain of the Princeton track team, will also graduate next June. Line material has been scarce in New Jersey this year, and Roper was forced to use the big hammer-thrower throughout the Eli encounter.

Next year, Princeton's dearth of capable line-men will probably be relieved by candidates from this year's strong Freshman outfit. The Tiger cubs, winners of Big Three honors this year, owed most of their success to their strong forward wall, and both Rosengarten and Darby will have to fight to retain their present ratings.

Tiger Backfield Returns

Caulkius, heady Tiger signal caller, will be back again next year, and Prendergast, Gilligan, and Slagle will be there to carry out his directions. Bridges, who did not figure in the battle with the Bulldog, will also be back, and Coach Roper will thus be able to start the season with a veteran group behind the line.

Four ends figured for Princeton in Saturday's game, and all of them will again don togs next year. Lea and Moeser are both Sophomores, while their substitutes on Saturday, Jeffers and Newman, both have one more year to spend on the Nassau campus.

Three veteran guards will be available again next season. Davis, a veteran of two campaigns, heads the list, and Crago and Baldwin, who shared the left guard berth this fall, will also return to Princeton next fall.

The pivot part will in all probability be well taken care of by Forrest, Captain McMillan's understudy during this year's games.