Plans for Mammoth New Stadium for Harvard Reported in Boston Paper a Complete Fabrication, Says Major Moore

"Harvard has employed no engineers to lay plans for a new Harvard stadium," declared Major F. W. Moore '92, yesterday in answer to a statement made in a Boston Newspaper to the effect that such a project was now under way.

The article states in part: "While the CRIMSON continues to deplore over-emphasis, the football interests at Harvard are planning to erect on the North Brighton playground a football enclosure that will make the present stadium look like a toy.

"This they expect to accomplish during the administration of Mayor Nichols, who is a loyal son of Harvard, and heartily in favor of Harvard football.

"The Harvard athletic authorities will hardly deny that they have employed expert engineers this fall to determine how large a stadium could be set up on Soldiers Field without too great expense."

Under the heading "Anything to Beat Yale," the article continues: "The proposed seating capacity for the new field will make it the largest in the East. Yale will no longer have the edge in this regard.

"In other words, Harvard aims at the 100,000 mark, or room enough to take care of all of its graduates, including CRIMSON editors, for the next 35 years."

Major Moore said that the University had planned to buy some land adjoining the bowl end of the stadium, but that this was only for additional athletle fields, which were not yet needed. Briefly, the mammoth amphitheater is only a gigantic fabrication.