THOMAS ADDRESSES LIBERAL CLUB ON SOCIALISM TODAY

Brown, Defrocked Episcopal Bishop, Listed for December 18

The Liberal Club has announced three speakers who are scheduled for the next two weeks. Norman Thomas will give an address today at 1.30 at the Club-house at 66 Winthrop Street; Bishop Paul Jones on December 8, and on December 18 former Bishop William Montgomery Brown.

Norman Thomas, whose subject today will be "Socialism and Individual Freedom" is Executive Director of the League for Industrial Democracy. He is a contributing editor of "The Nation" and "The World Tomorrow" and is well equipped to talk on social and economic problems. Mr. Thomas was the La Follette candidate for governor of New York in 1924 and this fall figured prominently as the Socialist candidate for Mayor of New York. While at Princeton where he graduated in 1906, as valedictorian of his class, he was on the debating team; of late years he has spoken several times at the Union. Today's meeting is open to the University.

William Montgomery Brown, who will speak on December 18, was the center of national interest recently when the Episcopal governing board expelled him on charges of heresy from the Ohio bishopric, and later from the Episcopal Church.