The Answer Is "Yes" and "No"

THE MAIL

The Harvard Crimson assumes no responsibility for the sentiments expressed by correspondents, and reserves the right to exclude any communication whose publication may for any reason seem undesirable. Except by special arrangement, communications cannot be published anonymously.

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Your cry of "overemphasis of football" seems a good deal like the old cry of "wolf." Just where is this evil lurking?

Surely not in the student. During the football season he devotes, at the most, eight Saturday afternoons to the games, a part of two afternoons and two nights to rallies, and the more affluent one takes a trip either to Princeton or New Haven. That, probably, is not near as much time as the average student devotes to his social activities.

Possibly it is among the players that this evil is to be found. Yet football is a matter of free choice. Certainly a man has a right to devote as much time as he wishes to the game. . . .

In conclusion I ask one more question solely for the purpose of obtaining information. The CRIMSON is our undergraduate paper. Does its editorial policy strive to express the beliefs of the undergraduates, so far as they can be ascertained; or is it merely the opinion of its editors as individuals? If it is the latter, you are entirely justified in continuing to advocate your "light wines and beer" football reform. But should it be the former I suggest you change your policy and start working for a bigger stadium so that when the present undergraduates become alumni they can be sure of at least two tickets to the games. Kenneth S. Conkey '27.