PRATT LOST TO SIX FOR SEVERAL DAYS

Bigelow Begins Strenuous campaign Before Hard Games With Dartmouth, Princeton and Yale

A slight case of water on the knee will keep L. O. Pratt '26, regular defense man on the University sextet, out of the line-up for the next few days, according to an announcement made by Coach Bigelow last night. Pratt has been playing with an injured knee almost the entire season, but not until Saturday night did he aggravate the injury sufficiently, to necessitate his staying out of the game. He is expected to be back Wednesday or Thursday.

Sorimmage Begins Stiff Preparation

Coach Bigelow started earnest preparation for the three hard games to be played during the next two weeks with a scrimmage yesterday afternoon. Captain Beals did not dress for practice yesterday, and Hammond was prevented from reporting by an afternoon class. With the exception of Beals, Pratt, and Hammond, the entire squad went through a stiff practice session.

Coady Back on Squad

C. D. Coady '27, captain of last year's championship Freshman sextet reported for practice yesterday, and played on the Second team. While playing defense in a scrimmage against the 1928 stickmen, he had a collision with Nordberg, and may have fractured his cheekbone. An X-ray photograph was taken last night, but the extent of the injury will not be known until today. Coady has been prevented from playing because of probation, but he has received marks in the mid-year examinations which will take him off probation eventually. Whether he will be declared eligible in time to participate in the next Yale game is not known as yet.

Bailey Rejoins Ranks

E. H. Bailey '27, who started the first two games of the year at right wing for the University, and was subsequently dropped to the seconds, was raised to the first squad yesterday for observation during the next few days. Bailey is a former Middlesex captain, and although naturally a defense man, had been shifted to the forward line, where he acquitted himself creditably in the Boston University and M. I. T. games.

Captain Beals' team will be compelled to play Dartmouth, Yale, and Princeton, within a space of eight, days, and if the Crimson skaters can bring in victories in these contests, they will hold undisputed title to the championship. Every effort will be made this week to remedy the faults which the game Saturday night brought out.