STRENGTH SHOWN BY CRIMSON TRACK MEN

Tibbetts, Pratt, and Potter Also Win Medals in K. of C. Meet Saturday--1928 Quarter Beats M. I. T.

Relay team superiority and strength in the dash and shot-put were shown by the Crimson trackmen in the Knights of Columbus games Saturday night. Allen, the lead-off man in the 1560 yard relay against Notre Dame, put the race away for the University by turning in a twelve yard lead which Rogers, Robb, and Lundell held but did not increase. The time, 3.08, was only 1 4-5 seconds slower than the fastest mark of the evening made by Georgetown. The Freshman relay team running Tech had a walkaway in 3.16 1-5 after Luttman ran away from Schwartz on the second leg.

Miller Wins 40-Yard Dash

Miller, competing for the New England Championship in the 40 yard dash, won the crown from J. J. Sullivan of Boston College by inches in five seconds flat. He later won third in the K. of C. dash. In the Mayor Curley mile, the feature event of the meet, Tibbetts ran a strong race in 4.30 although Larrivee and Hahn led him to the tape. Larrivee's time of 4.25 3-5 set a record for the Mechanics Building track. Jones with a handicap of four inches took second in the K. of C. high jump, at 6 ft. 1 1-2 in. His actual leap of 5 ft. 9 1-2 in. won third in the New England Championship scratched contest. The five foot handicap awarded to C. L. Pratt '28 in the shot-put added to his creditable heave of 39 ft. 7 in. gave him first place. Potter was second, with a put of 38 ft. 4 1-2 in. handicapped 4 ft. 9 in.

Haggerty, running from scratch in the 600, won his heat easily, but in the finals, after a game attempt, was squeezed out of a place by men with large handicaps. E. T. Wakefield '27 with 16 yards placed third.