SPRING FOOTBALL TO START EARLY

Large Staff Will Make Individual Work Possible--May Hold Secret Practice--Winter Meetings Over Wednesday

Spring football practice will begin a month earlier than last year, it was announced yesterday. Because the H. A. A. did not persuade Coach Fisher to reconsider his refusal until recently, plans for the practice are not yet definite. Mr. Fisher said yesterday that he expects to announce his complete plans before the first of next week.

Next Wednesday evening the winter campaign which has consisted of biweekly meetings, comes to a close when Coach Fisher and Captain Cheek speak to the prospective football men. There the Coach will introduce his assistants and outline the Spring work, which will be more intensive than during the past two years.

Not only will kicking and passing and drill in the fundamentals be stressed, but individual attention will be featured. Coach Fisher expects to have more assistants than ever before. As a result, be will be able to try out plans never before feasible.

Third Spring Season

A spring practice has become the rule in all leading colleges. This will be the third year, Captain Cheek declares that Harvard has followed other colleges. The first year fifty men reported. During the second spring eighty men came out. Captain Cheek feels that the turnout this spring will be largely indicative of next fall's success.

Coach Fisher had a special message for inexperienced men, saying, "Every year the first squad includes men who, previous to spring practice, had played no football. It is particularly difficult to convince those men, unless examples will show them. We are anxious to start the season with the advantage which only an advanced spring practice can give."

It is very possible that spring practice this year will be secret, for its importance is much greater than in previous years. All football men now out for other sports will be requested to consider giving parttime work to spring practice.