COACH GIVES LACROSSE MEN FIRST FIGHT TALK

FIRST GAME ON APRIL 17 WITH ALUMNI

With the initial appearance of Coach Lydecker at regular practice yesterday, the Spring lacrosse season was fully launched on its way for both the University and Freshman squads. In a short talk before the candidates in the locker building yesterday, the new coach gave a brief talk outlining his program for the season's work.

In his talk, Mr. Lydecker called attention to the fact that before the war, Harvard had championship lacrosse teams for almost ten years in succession. In his opinion, there was no reason why something like this high standard could not again be attained. The Syracuse system, which was instituted by Coach Herbert last year, and with which Mr. Lydecker is also quite familiar, will again be the system used this season.

Harvard is severely handicapped this year by a late start. Most of the other colleges have at least a two-weeks advantage over the University, while Syracuse has been having regular practice for a month. In order to overcome this handicap Coach Lydecker expects to hold some hard work outs in the near future in preparation for the first game which comes with the Alumni on April 17. Yesterday's workout consisted of mild scrimmages, with stick-work for the beginners.