HARVARD, BROWN, AND M. I. T. BATTLE ON MAT

STEARNS AND ECKSTEIN ONLY DEFENDING CHAMPIONS

The preliminary matches of the New England Intercollegiate wrestling championships will take place this evening at 7.30 o'clock in Hemenway Gymnasium.

The presence of the second team at these meets was a new feature last year, and will be continued tonight. A cup will be awarded the victorious second as well as the first team, but no New England title will be awarded it.

The Crimson team will have the support of Krook, who was forced to drop out just before the Yale meet on account of injury. It is likely that Goldberg also will be in condition for the meet, depending on the decision of the doctors at Wadsworth House this afternoon. He has been unable to take action for several weeks on account of a pulled ligament in his root.

Champions of last year's contest who will wrestle tonight are Captain Eckstein of Brown and Stearns of Harvard, of the 158 and 135-pound classes respectively. Last year's meet, won by M. I. T., was snatched from Harvard by a one point margin, a result of the default of Bradford, who was injured.

Brown, with an exceptionally strong team, is the favorite for tonight.

The line-up for the preliminaries follows:

115-Pound Class--Coyle (M. I. T.) meets Flint (Brown); bye, Krook (Harvard).

125-Pound Class Kurtin (M. I. T.) meets Brightman (Brown); bye, Goldberg (Harvard).

135-Pound Class Stearns (Harvard) meets Hosch (M. I. T.); bye, Gould (Brown).

145-Pound Class Harmen (Harvard) meets Sulzberger (Brown); bye, Cohon (M. I. T.).

158-Pound Class Wood (Harvard) meets Greer (M. I. T.); bye, Eckstein (Brown).

175-Pound Class Bradford (Harvard) meets Green (M. I. T.); bye, Freedman (Brown).

Heavyweight Locke (Harvard) meets McCrillis (Brown); bye, Burke (M. I. T.)