CRIMSON FIVE WINS FROM CONNECTICUT

Defensive and Offensive Improvement Noted--Visitors' Zone Defense Effective--Crimson Foul Shots Good

Displaying a more powerful attack and more air-tight defence than it has at any time before this season, the Crimson five chalked up its fifth consecutive victory last night in downing the Connecticut Aggies quintet, 34 to 26. The University jumped into an early lead that was never threatened and only a trio of long shots at the end of the game kept down the final margin.

Smith Closely Guarded

With Smith being watched closely by the visitors' defence, it was Captain Samborski and Leekley who shared the scoring honors. They tallied ten and nine points respectively. Smith broke away near the end of the contest to drop the ball through the hoop twice in rapid succession. Bay lock, diminutive forward who starred for the Connecticut five, scored seven points, as did his teammate Makofski, who netted the ball three times from the middle of the floor in the last period.

Samborski dropped in a long shot for the first score of the game. Two goals by Leekley, who replaced McElroy early in the first period, with baskets by Rauh and Morrison brought the score at half time to 15 to 8 with the University on top. The Crimson superiority was marked in this period, the Connecticut zone system of defence proving ineffective against the short-passing attack of Captain Samborski's team.

The second period sound the visitors playing a much faster game, and the University margin in this period was only one point. Smith started scoring with only four minutes to play, and the score raise to 34 to 20. Three long shots by Schofield, Makofski, and Allard tightened up the game, but the referee's whistle prevented any serious rally.

The Crimson showing, from the point of view of the Yale game on Saturday, was decidedly encouraging. The University played through the entire second half without having a single foul called against it, and caged eight out of 11 free throus in the whole game. Against the Blue five, which has been playing under less rigorous Inter-Collegiate rules, this ability to score from the foul line should prove valuable. The Connecticut defense last night was about as strong as a zone system can be, and the success of the Crimson attack against it augurs well for Saturday night. HARVARD  CONN. AGGIES Smith, Dorn. r.f.  l.g. Allard Jones, Leekley, Dorn l.f.  r.g. Makofski McElroy, Leekley, Rauh, c.  c. Eddy Samborski, r.g.  l.f.l. Schofield, O'Brien Morrison, l.g.  r.f.Baylock

Score: Harvard 34, c. A. C. 26. Goals from the field: Samborski. 4. Leekley 4. Smith 2. Rauh 2. Morrison, Baylock 3. Makofski 3, Schofield 2, Allard 2, Eddy. Goals from fouls: Samborski 2, Morrison 2, Rauh 2. Leekley. Smith. Allard 2, Hakofski. Balock. Referece. McGuiness.