ALL WORK SUSPENDED IN MEMORY OF GEER

Reverend H. W. Foote '97 to Conduct Service in Appleton Chapel--Body to Be Buried in Minnesota

As a mark of respect to the memory of William H. Geer, late director of the Department of Physical Education, all classes will be suspended from 2 until 3 o'clock today, the time of Mr. Geer's funeral. Athletics will cease from 1.30 until 3 o'clock. During this period, the Hemenway Gymnasium, the Freshman Athletic Building, and the Big Tree Swimming Pool will be closed. The headquarters of the Department of Physical Education in Wadsworth House will remain closed through the day.

The funeral will be held at Appleton Chapel at 2 o'clock today. The service will be conducted by the Reverend Henry Wilder Foote '97, pastor of the Unitarian Church of Belmont. The Appleton Chapel Choir will supply music.

Among those officiating at the funeral will be many of Mr. Geer's closest friends and associates. The honorary pall bearers are Dr. Roger I. Lee '01, the physician who was responsible for bringing Mr. Geer to the University, and who attended him in his last illness, Dr. Derric C. Parmenter '13, Instructor and Acting Head of the Department of Hygiene and Physical Education, Mr. Fred W. Moore '92, Graduate Treasurer of the Athletic Association, Professor Leslie O. Cummings, Professor Alfred C. Hanford G. '17, and Professor George E. Johnson G. '23.

The active pall bearers are Professor Bancroft Beatley '11, Mr. Park Carpenter G. '16, Mr. Norman W. Fradd, and Mr. Edward Wachter.

The ushers are Mr. Walter 1, Tibbetts '17, Boyd Dunbar '25, R. A. Magowan '27, S. de J. Osborne '26, A. E. Schwartz '25, C. W. Brown 2G., W. S. McDonald 2G.B., D. J. Rogers 2G.B., and Herbert Walker 2G.Ed.

The interment will take place at Northfield, Minn., near Alexandria, Mr. Geer's birthplace.