COMMITTEE TO DISCUSS PLANS FOR SILVER BAY

FOSDICK AMONG PROMINENT MEN AT GATHERING IN JUNE

Plans for organizing the University delegation to the Silver Bay Conference will be discussed at a meeting of the recently appointed Silver Bay Committee in Randolph Breakfast Room today at 1.30 o'clock.

The Conference will be held this year as usual at Silver Bay, on Lake George, New York, from June 11 to 19. This committee will have charge of forming the University delegation. The Conference itself is held yearly under the auspices of the Y. M. C. A. and is intended to provide an opportunity for college men to spend a few days out of their summer vacation in close association with leaders in the religious world. This year, Dr. Harry Emerson Fosdick, who has lectured frequently at the University, J. Stitt Wilson, Henry S. Coffin, and other prominent divines will be in attendance at the Conference.

Many Informal Talks

In addition to hearing a number of interesting lectures the men, at the Conference will have an opportunity for informal personal talks with these prominent men on religious subjects. The leaders in charge of the Conference, of which the Reverend C. P. Harry will act as dean, will also arrange athletic games, hikes, and other diversions for the men. Each one attending the Conference pays his own expenses, which include only a nominal registration fee in addition to the ordinary charges for board, room and transportation.

In the past the University has always been represented by a large delegation, and already this year over 30 men have signified a desire to attend in spite of there being no solicitation of students. It is from these men that a committee has been chosen to call upon other students and complete the University's quota of delegates. A. D. Phillips '26 is chairman and the other members are: H. H. MacCubbin '26, L. V. Harris '26, Austin Phillips '26, E. H. Bailey '27, W. R. Reynolds '27, R. M. Mears '27, Henry Chauncey '28, A. O. Fordyce '28, J. B. Lane '28, J. L. Beauchamp '28, David Worcester '28, W. S. Clark 2G., R. L. Olson 2G., and W. C. Hicks ETS.