ASSOCIATION SUPPLANTS FORMER SOCCER LEAGUE

UNDERGRADUATE COMMITTEE WILL BE INSTITUTED

The University's official resignation from the Intercollegiate Associated Football League was formally accepted at a meeting held in New York on Saturday, it was announced yesterday by H. S. Woodbridge '27, manager of the soccer team.

A proposal that an association of the soccer teams of Eastern colleges was made at the same time. It was discussed at length at the meeting, and finally adopted. The new organization created by this plan is to be called the Intercollegiate Soccer Football Association.

Six Colleges in Former League

The old league included in its membership besides the names of Harvard, Yale, and Princeton, three other colleges, Pennsylvania, Cornell, and Haverford. The old institution was definitely dissolved in favor of the new one.

This step follows directly the action of the University and Yale about a month ago, which severed their connection with the League, chiefly because of the difficulties of schedule making which it necessitated.

Membership in the new association requires that each team play at least four games with other members of the body, on the University schedule for next year, seven of the eight games which are to be played are with members of the association.

The constitution of the Association is almost identified with that of the former organization, except that, at the suggestion of the University, an undergraduate committee shall be formed, consisting of the managers of the teams of six of the member colleges, to be chosen by the president on the association. Next year the colleges represented on this committee will be Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Pennsylvania, Cornell, and Haverford.

The membership of the new soccer body is expected to contain the names of the prominent colleges of the East. Besides those already mentioned, the present make-up of the league now includes Lehigh, Lafayette, Pennsylvania State, Navy, Army, Syracuse, Amherst, Williams and Wesreyan.