CONFERENCE ON FOREIGN AFFAIRS TO BEGIN HERE

PROFESSOR HART WILL DISCUSS AMERICAN DIPLOMACY

The Annual School of Politics Conference, conducted, with the cooperation of Radcliffe College, by the Massachusetts League of Women Voters, will open a three day session on foreign affairs starting at 10.15 o'clock tomorrow morning in Agassiz House. Five University Professors are numbered in the group of authorities on phases of foreign relations who will address the conference during the three days.

Professor Francis B. Sayre Hon. '13. son-in-law of Woodrow Wilson, who returned last year from Slam where he acted as adviser to the king, will preside at the afternoon meeting starting at 2 o'clock At 8 o'clock tomorrow night Professor George G. Wilson, Professor of International Law at the University, will address the gathering on "The Problems of the Pacific."

Professor Hart to Speak

Friday morning at 10.15 o'clock Professor Albert Bushnell Hart '80, Eaton Professor on the Science of Government, will discuss "American Diplomacy: Treaties and Foreign Policy," in the opening lecture of the last day. Immediately following, Professor Arthur H. Cole Hon. '13, Assistant Professor of Economics, will speak on "International Trade and Tariff Problems."

"What the League of Nations Does Day by Day" will be the title of Professor Manley O. Hudson's Hon. '07 lecture, which will close the conference on Friday night. Professor Hudson was a member of the American delegation to the Paris Peace Conference, has been associated with the Secretariat of the League of Nations, and was adviser to the Washington International Labor Conference two years ago. He is acknowledged as one of the foremost exponents of the League and the World Court in any country. Recently Professor Hudson has been actively engaged in supporting the World Court in the wave of interest which has resulted from the question going before the Senate.

Miss Brown Will Begin Program

The complete program for tomorrow will be as follows: 10.15 o'clock, Miss Bernice V. Brown, Dean of Radcliffe College will extend greetings to the gathering; 10.20 o'clock, Royal Mecker, Organizer of Chinese Commission for Study of Social and Economic Questions, will speak on "China Today"; 11.30 o'clock, Raymond T. Rich, Field Secretary, Foreign Policy Association, will speak on "China's Special Tariff Conference"; 1 o'clock Round Table luncheon discussion; 2 o'clock, W. B. Thompson, of the Scripps Foundation for Research in Population Problems, will speak on "Overpopulation in the Oriend"; 3 o'clock, E. F. Wise, economic advisor to Controscyus, Russian Producers' Cooperatives, will speak on "Russia's Place in World Politics"; 8 o'clock, G. W. Wilson, Professor of International Law at the University will speak on "Problems of the Pacific" and Rear Admiral William V. Pratt, United States Navy, will speak immediately following on the same topic.

The luncheon discussions will be held each day, for elected members only at Agassiz House. The speakers of the morning will be invited to attend. The subjects for discussion tomorrow will be "Our Relations With China."