POLOISTS FACE GUNNERS IN SECOND LEAGUE GAME

Team Expected to Make Better Showing Than In Lancers' Match--Ponies In Much Better Shape

The University polo team will play its second league game of the season, when it meets the 101st Field Artillery horsemen at the Commonwealth Armory at 8 o'clock this evening.

The first league game was with the Lancers, and way played three weeks ago. Captain Pinkerton's malletmen went down to a severe defeat, chiefly because the Crimson players had lacked the necessary facilities for practice.

The ponies are now in excellent shape, in spite of the hard usage that they encountered in the Lancer's match. Since then they have been exercised daily and have succeeded in discarding all superfluous flesh.

Cornell Game Scheduled

Manager E. W. Mudge '27 announced last night that a tentative game has been scheduled with the Cornell trio for the night of February 20. The date has, however, not yet been approved by the Athletic Association.

The lineup tonight for the Crimson will be the same as in the previous match, with Stranahan playing No. 1, White at No. 2, and Catain Pinkerton backing up the line with his steady and consistently stellar mallet work. E. A. Tutein '28 will perhaps be substituted during the course of the game.