PUCK CHASERS OUT FOR TIGER'S PELT

Orange and Black's Bulky Defense Man Unable to Start--Relative Substitute Strength May Be Decisive

The respective reserve strength of the two teams may prove the margin of victory or defeat when the University and Princeton skaters initiate the Big Three hockey campaign at 8.20 o'clock tonight on the Hobey Baker rink at Princeton. Fifteen Crimson stick men accompanied Coach Bigelow to the Tiger lair and the entire squad with the possible exception of Gross, speedy left wing, are in excellent shape.

Charles Out of Game

Word was received from Princeton last night, that Charles, weighty defense man for the Tigers will be unable to start tonight. The big man of the Nassau team suffered a severely wrenched ankle when he collided with a Queens College forward in last weeks game. His injury has necessitated switching Captain Wilkinson from wing to defense and will materially hamper the defenders.

Charles, although slow, was very effective because of his size and weight in body checking and heavy work in front of the Princeton goal. Taylor and Prenholm will be the most likely reserves to relieve Hallock and Wilkinson with Charles out, Taylor is a veteran who has played a high class game of hockey in previous games.

The Tigers substituted 11 men in a vain effort to stave off defeat at the hands of Queens college last week. Princeton has nearly two complete teams of veterans who faced the University last year and will probably rush in fresh players at every opportunity tonight. In Zarakov, Harding, and Scott, the Crimson is also well supplied with a reserve forward line of high caliber, and Clark, whose hard body checking against Toronto was largely responsible for the low score will be ready to enter the fray at either Coady or Pratt's post on the defense. Captain Cumings, whose phenomenal goal guarding has been a bright spot in the season so far, has a capable understudy in Morrill, a Sophomore.

Faced Stiff Opposition

The Nassau puck men have faced a series of hard preliminary contests in such teams as Queens College and the Royal Military College, both of Canada, and the St. Nicholas Club, which ranks along with the Boston Aggreti, Association squad. This is the first year that the ice game has been recognized as a major sport and the Princetonians are primed to climb in the race this season. Guarding the goal, the Princetonians will have Sullivan, three year veteran. Last year Pepper, who has since left college, was given the first choice in the cage, but Sullivan has been showing excellent form this season.

In reserve, the Tigers have Pitman, P. Hughes, and Means, who have been playing either as wings or at the pivet position. Pitman and DeLamater rank almost on a par and the former was in the opening lineup in Princeton's last game. DeLamater, who gained fame two years ago by defeating an excertionally strong Eli Freshman team almost single handed, is the taste and will probably be first choice tonight.