TO SAVE MILLER FOR DARTMOUTH CLASH

Guarnaccia Snatches Halfback Post Vacated by Miller--Team A Defeats Scrubs, 33 to 0

The University will be without the services of Miller, fast heavyweight half-back, in Saturday's tilt with William and Mary. The big speedster hurt his leg in the third period of the Holy Cross game, while running back the kick-off after the first purple touchdown. The injury is not serious, but the coaches want to be sure that Miller will be in good condition for the Dartmouth battle a week from Saturday, and are planning to give the hurt leg plenty of chance to heal, without running the danger of a new injury.

Several Players Rest

With the further exception of Walker and Captain Coady, the University squad is in good shape and ready to meet William and Mary when the Southern try to avenge last year's 14 to 7 defeat. Several players, nursing minor hurts, were given a rest yesterday; Chauncey, Goodwin and Gamache were on the sidelines, but will be in condition by Saturday. It is also expected that Daley, veteran guard, who has been under observation for appendicitis, will see action against the Southerners.

With several new faces appearing in the Team A lineup yesterday morning, Coach Horween ordered a scrimmage which lasted for an hour and a half. The Team A backfield of Putnam, French, Sayles and Guarnaccia, aided considerably by Zarakov in a substitute role, gave by far the best exhibition of offensive football shown this season against the scrubs, crossing the goal for five touchdowns and kicking three of the points after touchdown for a 33 to 0 total.

David Guarnaccia '29 was awarded the halfback position on Team A vacated by Miller, and the 185-pound Sophomore was one of the outstanding stars of the morning workout. After the scrubs had kicked off to the varsity at the opening of the scrimmage, Guarnaccia and Sayles alternated in carrying the ball straight down the field for the opening score of the morning. Sayles making the touchdown on a 15-yard dash through the center of the line.

Zarakov is Brilliant

Zarakov was interested in the lineup a few seconds later, and the former Cambridge schoolboy flash added the second touchdown to the University total by a brilliant 30-yard run. The third red-shirt touchdown was the result of a blocked kick by Strong with Lindner falling on the ball behind the scrub goal line for a score.

An 80-yard march straight down the field with Guarnaccia Sayles and Zarakov doing most of the ball carrying resulted in the fourth touchdown. Sayles going over from the 2-yard line. Another 35-yard run by Zarakov after the next kick-off put the pigskin on the 3-yard line and only one more play was needed for Zarakov to slide off tackle for the final score of the morning.

Both Tackles Stand Out

In the line, the play of Clark Lindner, and Strong was outstanding. Both of the Crimson tackles were across the line of scrimmage on the defensive fast, and were able to smear the scrub plays before they could set under way. In addition to blocking the scrub kick. Strong was on the receiving end of several passes.

Coach Knox brought a distinguished visitor to watch the practice on Soldiers Field yesterday morning, the Mahrajah Sir Albian Banerji formerly premier of Mysore.