WHITBECK AND GORDON TO DISPUTE TENNIS TITLE

LENHART IS FAVORED IN CLASS A UNION TOURNAMENT

Using a variety of strokes, and playing with great deliberation, J. F. W. Whitbeck '27 rushed through three straight sets 6-0, 6-1, 6-1 to win over P. M. Lenhart '27 in the semi-final round of the University tennis tournament. L. H. Gordon '27 overcame Arthur Ingraham '30 in four sets 6-3, 2-6, 6-3, 6-2 and won the right to oppose Whitbeck in the finals, tomorrow afternoon. This match will be played on Jarvis Field unless Divinity courts have recovered from the effects of the recent rain.

No doubles matches in the University semi-final round were played yesterday, but these will be completed today if the courts permit.

Hamlin and Perkins Favored

In the Union doubles tournament, C. R. Hamlen '29, and G. H. Perkins '26 are favored by virtue of their 6-0, 6-2 victory over E. K. Moriwake '26, and Haya Kawakam 1G.B., a strong Nipponese combination. T. O. Kingsbury '27 and Stephen Thompson '27 comprise the only other team now in the semi-finals.

In Class A, singles J. H. Appleton '29, Robeson Bailey '29, and P. M. Lenhard '27 have progressed to the next to the last stage. Lenhart, a member of the last year's team is generaly admitted to be the favorite.

Class B. singles with a long entry list has been progressing slowly. Most of the matches are now in the third round. Joshua Sands Jr. '29, H. W. Rubsamen '29, and Edward Swift '30 have advanced into the fourth round ahead of the rest of the field.

The cold weather and wet courts the last few days have hindered the progress of the Union tournaments, but all of them should reach the finals before the end of the week.