THIRD VALENTINE DANCE AT UNION FEBRUARY 12

Plans Are Made for Big Post-Midyear Function--800 Tickets on Sale

The third annual Valentine Dance will be held at the Union on the evening of Friday, February 12, it was announced last night.

In February of 1924 the Union held the first Valentine Dance as an innovation with the idea that a big social function coming at the end of the midyear period and on the eve of important athletic matches with other colleges would be received enthusiastically by its members. The fact that the limit of capacity was reached was considered sufficient reason for continuing the practice.

Owing to the limited accommodations of the Union it will be necessary to limit the number to 800. These tickets may be obtained now at the Union news stand at a price of $3.00 for single tickets and $5.00 for coupies. With each ticket will be issued a check admitting the bearer to one of the suppers to be given during the evening in the dining room. Since the dining room cannot comfortably hold more than 200 people at one time it has been decided to serve the supper in four installments as on shipboard. From 11.30 until 11.50 o'clock the first 200 guests will be entertained in the dining rooms. Three other 20-minute periods will follow and it is hoped that by 1 o'clock all those present will have had the opportunity to have supper.

The dance itself will be held from 10 until 2 o'clock and two orchestras have been engaged to furnish continuous music.