1929 HOCKEY SIX FACES EXETER ON FOREIGN RINK

EXONIANS BELOW THEIR USUAL HOCKEY STANDARD

The unbeaten Freshman sextet with a record of four victories behind them will entrain at 1.15 o'clock today for Exeter, where they will clash with the Academy skaters on the outdoor rink at 3 o'clock this afternoon. The powerful first year hockey squad is determined to equal the accomplishments of the 1927 and 1928 skaters by ending the season with a clean slate. The Freshman teams have now run their record of wins in the last three years up to 24. Of these the 1927 six won 12 and the last year's Freshmen, eight. Last year the Crimson skaters were tied once by Milton Academy, but the 1929 squad wiped out the memory of this game with a decisive triumph over the schoolboys two weeks ago.

Exeter Weak This Year

The Exeter skaters appear weaker this season than they have looked for several years. Two weeks ago they were handed a severe beating by the Melrose High skaters who outscored the New Hampshire schoolboys 9 to 2. The scheduled contest with Browne and Nichols last Saturday was postponed due to a case of scarlet fever which has, however, been isolated since. In the Melrose game the losers were outclassed by a faster, heavier team and were forced to play a defensive game throughout.

Captain Hill, fast roving center for the Exeter six, is a dangerous shot and has scored against all the goal guards which he has faced this season. At one defense post the Exonians have a hard checking player in Fitts, who is also a scoring threat when he takes the puck on a dash down ice.

Freshmen Present Regular Line Up

The 1929 squad led by Tudor, flashy left wing, recently elected leader, will probably line up for the opening whistle this afternoon with Putnam at center, Crosby at right wing, Stanley and Bigelow on defense and Jackson guarding the cage. Crosby who has played the most brilliant hockey on the Crimson forward line this season will oppose his younger brother in the Exeter line-up today. The first-year forward line has shown a marked improvement in the last two games and with its speed and drive should penetrate the schoolboy defense frequently this afternoon. Jackson has been stopping shots in front of the Freshman net in good style and Coach Dempsey has an able reserve in Traynor.