MINOR SPORT TEAMS PLAY YALE AND COLUMBIA

Fencers Oppose Columbia--1929 Polo Team Invades New Haven for Battle With Blue

The University Fencing Team meets the Columbia foilsmen in the Hemenway Gymnasium at 2 o'clock this afternoon. The match should be a close one as each team has only been defeated once during the season.

Columbia's conqueror, M.I.T., will meet the University team next Friday evening in the first contest of the New England semi-finals of the Intercollegiate championship. Yale and Dartmouth will be the other contestants. The only defeat that the University swordsmen have met with was at the hands of the Saltus Club of New York. No college team has yet been able to overcome them. West Point and Pennsylvania have been vanquished by both of this afternoon's competitors, while Columbia has taken Yale into camp and the Harvard fencers have decisively defeated Princeton.

The line-up this afternoon will probably be as follows:

Columbia: Hertz, number 1, Ely number 2, and Fuertes, number 3. Silva is a substitute who will very probably see service.

Harvard: Howard Finney Jr. '26 will play number 1, A. G. Carrillo '27, number 2, A. R. Allen '26, number 3, and A. C. Lane '27 may see action during the afternoon. Captain Juan Fuertes of Columbia is the invader's chief threat. He has lost only one encounter during the whole year.