BEST SCHOOL PAPER TO WIN CRIMSON PRIZE CUP

JUDGMENT WILL BE MADE ON THREE BEST ISSUES OF YEAR

New York, March 26.--At the annual dinner of the School Newspaper Federation held here tonight, R. H. Field '26, President of the CRIMSON, announced to the delegates of the Newspaper Federation the foundation of a prize by the Senior editors of the CRIMSON Board.

Field declared that the Senior editors of each class have always made a gift to the CRIMSON at the completion of their college course, and that the Senior board of the present class has voted to make this year's gift in the form of a silver cup which is to be presented to the best Preparatory School newspaper entering the competition. The cup, when presented, will become the permanent possession of the winning paper. The competition is limited at present to members of the School Newspaper Federation.

Three Rules Govern Competition

Three rules govern the conduct of the competition. In the first place, each school paper entering the competition shall submit three of its issues to the President of the CRIMSON. Of these three issues two must be regulation numbers and the third may, if desired, be a special issue. Secondly, the points which will be especially considered in judging the contest are the general appearance of the paper, including the make-up, as well as the style of writing, the form and the content of news columns.

Best Editorial Desired

Thirdly, it is particularly recommended by the Senior editors that one of the issues submitted for the prize contest shall contain that editorial which, in the opinion of the individual school. Is the outstanding contribution to the paper for the year.

Three judges have been appointed for the contest. These are R. H. Field '26, the incumbent President of the CRIMSON. W. I. Nichols '26, retired President, and B. M. Bart '26, Editorial Chairman. The issues submitted for the competition must be in the hands of the President by Saturday, April 8.

Board Donates Three Cups

Three cups will be donated by the present board of Senior editors, one of which will be presented this spring. The remaining two will be given during the following two years.