Quintet Ends Season With Victory Over Worcester Tech While Fencers and Wrestlers Win--Poloists Lose to Yale

FENCERS WIN WITH FOILS BUT LOSE WITH SWORDS

The University fencers ran up a heavy margin of foils victories over the Princeton and Pennsylvania swordsmen, in a triangular meeting held in Philadelphia last Saturday, but finished third in the epee bouts. In the foils matches the Crimson squad scored 15 wins, with Pennsylvania's ten victories taking second place, and the Tiger foilsmen trailing both teams with only two decisions.

In the duelling sword bouts, Pennsylvania took the lead with five victories out of the 12 matches. The Nassau squad captured second place with four wins and the University trio finished third with three triumphs. The Princeton squad, coached by William Roper, Tiger football mentor, gave a creditable exhibition in the initial major tournament of its first season of intercollegiate competition.

Captain A. G. Carrillo '26 and Howard Finney '26, veterans of last year's squad, with Captain Applebaum of Pennsylvania were the outstanding swordsmen of the meet. All three men scored four successive victories in their foils bouts.