FRESHMAN GLEE CLUB IS TO BROADCAST FROM WBZ

Smith Leads 1929 Glee Club Tonight in Concert at Brunswick--To Sing Tomorrow in Methuen

The Freshman Glee Club will broadcast tonight at 8.45 o'clock through Station WBZ at the Brunswick Hotel. The program which the Club, under the direction of Captain E. G. Smith, will give over the air this evening, will include the songs which it has been practicing during this season. The performance will start with Fair Harvard and consist of about eleven songs in all.

The character of these songs is admirably varied, selections being offered from such different composers as Gershwin and Bach. Perhaps the most interesting phase of the program is a group of four folk songs each one of which represents the local music of a different country. "The Keeper" is an old English folk song, and will head the list. Next will be sung "Men of Harlech," the well-known Welsh anthem, after which will come "The Londonderry," Irish as its name implies. The last will be chosen from among the folk songs of the Continent and is called "The Firefly". It is an example of the many beautiful Russian songs of the people.

A similar program will be given tomorrow evening when the Glee Club holds its regular concert of the year at Methuen, where it will sing with the Freshman Instrumental Club. From 65 to 75 men will take part in this performance after which there will be dancing to music supplied by the Freshman jazz band.

During the rest of the spring, the Freshman Glee Club will give a number of other performances. Among these will be a concert at the Assembly, one at the Freshman Jubilee, another at Brattle Hall, and a final performance at a Mass Meeting to be held in May.