College to Act as Host to Alumni on Graduates' Day

Invitations to Be Sent to Fathers of Harvard Men--Three Sessions to Be Held

For the first time in the history of the University undergraduates will act as hosts to the alumni on Graduates' Day when the Student Council joins with the New England Federation of Harvard Clubs on May 1 to welcome the graduates back to Cambridge.

This radical step, which is taken to arouse greater interest in Graduates' Day, is paralleled by another radical change which provides that in addition to the Alumni, invitations to the festivities shall be extended to fathers of present, former, or future Harvard students.

The plans for the day, which feature three different sessions, morning, afternoon, and evening, as well as luncheon and a buffet supper, are being arranged by a joint committee which includes representatives of the Student Council, the New England Federation of Harvard Clubs, the Faculty and the Alumni.

Committee Has Seven Members

This committee consists of Frank J. Sulloway '05, Vice-President of the New England Federation of Harvard Clubs, M. A. Cheek '26, president of the Student Council, and W. I. Nichols '26, former president of the CRIMSON. The representatives of the University on this committee are Assistant Professor E. A. Whitney '17, and Elliott Perkins '23, assistant dean of the Freshman class. The other two members are David M. Little '18 and J. D. W. Sevmour '17.

Detailed plans for the day have not yet been completed but the general program will include a one hour morning session, when representatives of the College and of the student body will discuss briefly and informally recent developments at the University. There will be an opportunity for questions and general discussion. Following this, groups of students to be designated later by the Committee, will show the visitors and graduates about the Yard, so that they may see the recent changes in physical aspect of the University. Special exhibitions will be arranged in certain of the buildings.

Athletic Events in Afternoon

At luncheon, which will be held in Cambridge several distinguished speakers will address the guests. In the afternoon, in addition to further opportunity to visit University departments and buildings, there will be arranged some special graduate-undergraduate athletic events, as well as the regular intercollegiate athletic activities scheduled for that day.

The day's activities will close with a buffet supper and informal entertainment in which graduates and undergraduates will take next. It is bored that prominent speakers may be obtained for this evening affair.