68 GRIDIRON MEN MEET COACH HORWEEN FOR PRACTICE

At the opening session of spring football practice yesterday afternoon 68 men reported to Head Coach Arnold Horween. After a short talk by Horween the squad repaired to the specially fenced off Freshman field, where the opening workout of the 1926 campaign was held.

One of the most prominent of the men who will assist the new Crimson gridiron mentor this spring is E. L. Casey '20, star of Harvard teams for two years, and head coach at Tufts. The other assistants are H. T. Dunker '25, C. A. Tierney '22, J. L. Knox, F. J. O'Brien '14, D. C. Campbell '02, all formerly assistant coaches of University teams, and also M. W. Greenough '25, and M. A. Cheek '26, Harvard captains for the last two years.

Captain-elect C. D. Coady '27, led a large number of other veterans from last fall's squad in yesterday's practice. Among the others are J. P. Crosby '28, Carl Lindner '27, R. W. Turner '28, Madison Sayles '27, and George Crawford '28, A. E. French '29, captain of this year's Freshman team, and Dudley Bell '28, who captained the Freshmen a year ago but was ineligible last fall, were also among those who reported.