THRONG OF COLLEAGUES FETES PROFESSOR HART

LOWELL, PALMER, AND MOORE ARE PRINCIPAL SPEAKERS

The 50 years that Professor Albert Bushnell Hart '80 has been connected with the University were commemorated at a dinner given in his honor at the Harvard Club last night. The dinner was given by Professor Hart's colleagues of the division of History, Government, and Economics in recognition of his 50 years as a student and teacher in the University.

Taussig Introduces Palmer

Professor F. W. Taussig '79, in his capacity as toastmaster introduced George Herbert Palmer '64, for many years Professor of Philosophy at the University, George Foot Moore, Hon '06, formerly Professor of Theology at Harvard, and President Lowell as the speakers of the evening.

Professor Hart also spoke in response to the warm tributes which were paid his long service to the University by the other speakers.

Speakers Largely Reminiscent

The nature of the speeches was intimate and chiefly reminiscent. Professor Hart reviewed his early days at the University, praising particularly the commanding personalities of the leading professors and scholars of that time, and the work of President Eliot. Professor Taussig, who was in the preceding class, joined in with several stories of the time when he and Professor Hart were in college together.

As a further testimonial of their regard for Professor Hart, his colleagues gave him a silver loving cup. The cup, which was presented by A. N. Holcombe '06, Professor of Government, bore the inscription, "In commemoration of 50 years' service to the Nation, to Learning, and to Harvard."