Undergraduates Asked to Replace Crimson Editors in Supplying Guides to University Courses for 1926-7

The reception accorded the Confidential Guide of College Courses published last September seems in the eyes of its editors to justify the CRIMSON in publishing a second guide at the opening of the 1926-1927 college year. The Second Confidential Guide of College Courses will be published on Monday, September 27, the first day of the next academic year.

One innovation will feature the new guide. Whereas last year's criticisms were all written by editors of the CRIMSON and each criticism was the reaction of a single individual, the next ones, it is hoped, will be more representative of the general undergraduate opinion. The CRIMSON, therefore, invites criticisms of all courses from undergraduates. These criticisms should be mailed to the President of the CRIMSON, 14 Plympton Street. They can be of any length and as laudatory or deprecatory, abstract or specific as the individual author may desire. All communications to be considered must be received before the close of the college year.

To quote from the preamble to the first guide, it was perpetrated because a group of CRIMSON editors felt "that in the past, discussion of the merits and defects of college courses had been altogether too meagre to be of any value either to instructors or prospective students." The CRIMSON did not pretend to present a categorical statement of the worth of the 40 odd courses it criticized, but rather the personal opinions of a fairly representative group of undergraduates. By soliciting the opinions of a much wider group, the CRIMSON hopes that its second guide will be of greater significance.

The guide next fall will be a compendium of the various criticisms received this spring. Obviously the more undergraduates who communicate with the CRIMSON, the more weight the guide will carry.

The CRIMSON will not endorse the opinions expressed in the guide, but, as it did last fall, it will guarantee that they will be published seriously and sincerely with the desire for the improvement of the courses of instruction at Harvard College as the guiding motive.