WILLIAMS INVADES CRIMSON DIAMOND

Williams Succumbed to Tigers 4 to 1 and Beat B. U.--Booth Likely to Face Bok on Hill

Badly shaken by their defeat at the hands of the Tiger invaders last Saturday, the University nine will face Williams on Soldiers Field today in what Coach Mitchell hopes will be a heartening encounter. Prospects for a Crimson victory are problematical for the Purple nine has been an in and out team this season.

Since Coach Mitchell was forced to use three pitchers against the Orange and Black he will probably and send Booth to the mound, though it is just possible that one of those who served on Saturday will again do duty. Puffer, who saw little more than an inning of labor on Saturday may start in Booth's stead.

The team from Williamstown comes with a strange record. They held Princeton to four runs while they nicked. Fowler, the Tiger hurler, for a single tally. A week later B. U., conquerors of Harvard, suffered a shutout at their hands, while the Williams sluggers drove in six runs. These victories are balanced by a defeat from the invading Bruins when the Providence team staged a laterally. Columbia took their measure in 11 innings and Wesleyan swamped them by a score of 16 to 1, amassing a total of 18 hits before the curtain was rung down.

Bower, coach of the invaders, plans to send in Bok to hold down Harvard's batsmen, who are anxious to improve their batting eyes before their journey to Jungletown on Saturday when they travel to seek revenge for the beating they suffered in the first game of the Big Three series. The choice of Bok for the mound assignment may furnish some basis for comparative scores, for it was he who let the Tigers garner nine hits to win the Princeton-Williams encounter.

Chase May Replace Ullman

Harvard's line-up will probably be unchanged from the Saturday array, unless Chase replaces Ullman on second base. Ullman was taken out of the Princeton game when he missed the signal from the bench on a double steal. Chase played a faultless game in the field on his first appearance and against right handed twirling is more effective at the plate than the regular second sacker.

A feature of the Purple's contest with Boston University last Saturday was the hurling of Smith, a second string Williams receiver, who was sent to the mound in the dearth of regular pitchers. The converted backstop surprised everyone by shutting out the Terriers and holding them to six safe blows. In case Bok slips today, the Williams, catcher may be again called upon to show his wares to the Crimson batsmen.