500 in Mammoth Rally Cheer Reorganized Crew Squad on Eve of Departure to Red Top

Brown Chooses Men From Five Eights to Go to Red Top--Is Undecided About Seconds

With the expected shift that sent Saltonstall and Ames from the second to the first crew finally completed. Coaches Haines and Brown last night named the squad that will leave for Red Top tomorrow.

The first crew, which in all probability will remain intact for the rest of the season, is boated as follows: Stroke, Captain Winthrop; 7, Leavitt; 6, Darlington, 5. Plat; 4, Hubbard; 3, Saltonstall; 2, Ames; bow, Barton; coxswain, Beer.

Second Boat Undetermined

The second crew is not yet definitely made up Coach Brown said last night that the final choice of an eight would not be made for several days. Yesterday two more or less "combination" eights were sent out. Coach Brown stated that the choice of a stroke man for the Junior University boat would be a difficult one, and lay between Watts, who until yesterday was at 2 on the first crew. O. S. Pendar '27, stroke of the Junior class crew, and G. E. Smith '26, pace-setter of the Senior outfit.

Men Culled From Five Crews

The men named by Coach Brown to make the trip to Red Top represent five different crews. From the first eight are Watts and Barry; from the second, Weymer, Perkins, Howe, Canning, and Pforzkeimer; from the third eight. Gates; from the Senior class crew, C. F. Walcott, P. B. Huntington, and G. E. Smith; from the Junior class crew, O. S. Pendar, R. S. Riley and W. K. Rice.

From this squad Coach Brown will pick his second crew. Of the men who are not placed on the second crew, four will be given places on the combination crew.

Second Crew Shaken Up

Coach Brown, who is in full charge of the second crew, has left only a few remnants of the second eight as it rowed earlier in the season. Yesterday he sent on a crew with a number of former Junior University men in it and the seating gives an inkling as to some of the men who will face the Yale second eight. The crew left the float as follows: how, Perkins; 2, Watts: 3. Vance; 4. Howe; 5. Gates; 6. Weymer; 7. Barry; stroke, Pendar; coxswain. Pforzheimer Vance, a class crew oarsman, was merely filling in, as there were not enough men on hand to complete the crew.

The Freshman eight that leaves tomorrow for Red Top is the same that has rowed together all season. Captain Norton, stroke; Murchie, 7. Harrison 6; Saum, 5; Clark, 4; Emmett, 3; Hamlen, 2; Lawrence, how; and Neuman, coxswain; comprise the crew.

The shells leave for Red Top today, as does J. MeA. Preston '28, second assistant manager. The squad, with coaches riggers, managers, and waiters, leave tomorrow night, and the crew will have its first row on the Thames on Monday