CRIMSON TO START FOUR COMPETITIONS

Photographic Business, News Boards Open to '29--Editorial Department Calls Class of 1928

Competitions for four departments of the CRIMSON will begin on Wednesday evening a 7 o'clock which candidates will assemble in the president's office at the CRIMSON Building. Men may compete at this time for the NEWS, the Editorial, the Business, or the Photographic Department. The competition for the Editorial Department will be open to Juniors alone, while only Sophomores may compete for the News, Business, and Photographic Departments.

No better proof of the value of CRIMSON training can be offered than by citing a few names of former editors. Professor James H. Woods, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Owen Wister, William Roscoe Thayer, Ambassador Haughton, Joseph Clark Drew, T. W. Lamont, and Melville E. Stone represent a few CRIMSON editors who have succeeded after college.

Valuable Training Offered.

The training that is offered by any of the departments not only offers all the advantages of an extra-curricular activity, but in the opportunity to interview prurient men, in the varied type of work involved, and in the contacts with every branch of college activity and life which are made possible, there is an opportunity which is not to be had elsewhere in Cambridge.

The editorial competition will consist largely of writing editorials every evening on topics of timely interest. College affairs will naturally predominate, but events of national and international import may also find reflection in the columns of the CRIMSON.

Celebrities May Be Interviewed.

The news competition lasts for 11 weeks. Candidates will find their work in writing assigned articles and in finding "scoops," or stories which must be discovered by the candidate. There is a small amount of office work to be done and interviewing prominent people will play a considerable part in the candidates work. Work may also be done on the Rookshelf.

The business competition will be of 11 weeks duration. The work will consist-mainly in soliciting advertisements. The photographic competition is of equal length. Candidates will take pictures of athletic and other events connected with college.

An article on the value of training received in the Photographic Department appears on page six of this issue. The author is J. H. Durgin 1G.B., chairman of last year's photographic board.