DATES SET FOR TENNIS BATTLE WITH BRITONS

FRESHMAN RACQUET STARS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR TRIP

The combined Yale and Harvard tennis teams will meet the Oxford and Cambridge racquet men at Eastbourne, England, next summer on July 30 and August 1.

Charles Watson '27 of Yale will captain the invading team, composed of the three top-rank players from each University. In order to choose these men, a series of test matches will be played during the spring, and the play in the matches will also be considered. An innovation this year is the eligibility of Freshmen for positions on the team. Reports from Yale announce that there are several 1930 players who are pressing the regulars to maintain their ranking.

Sall July 2

Sailing July 2, immediately after the Intercollegiate Tennis Tournament at Philadelphia, on the 'Homeric', the Crimson and Blue teams will arrive in England in time to see the clash between the Yale-Harvard and Oxford-Cambridge runners at Stamford Bridge. Their first match is on July 11 in Northumberland. During the following week they will play at Yorkshire, Southport, and Manchester, where they will clash with Max Woosnam's team, composed of former Davis Cup players. On the next ten days, five matches, taking place every other day will be played in Wales. Queens, Portsmouth, and Hampshire. One of the tournaments at Portsmouth will give the American team an opportunity to clash with some international players. The last two matches will be with the Dark and Light Blue teams.

From England, the racquet men will journey to France to encounter the representatives of the Riding Club of Paris. Travelling on to Italy, they will meet the Italian Davis Cup team in several tournaments up at the Lido, Venice.

Arrangements for the return voyage have not yet been announced.