WRESTLERS CHOSEN TO BATTLE WITH COLUMBIA

Coach Lewis Picks Team to Make Debut on Mat Tomorrow--Visiting Matmen Are Undefeated

At 8 o'clock tomorrow night at the Hemenway Gymnasium the Crimson grapplers usher in the 1927 University wrestling season when they meet the undefeated Columbia matmen in their initial bout.

Coach W.E. Lewis announced the picked team which he will match against Columbia last night.

The men selected by him are B.F. Massell '27 in the 115 pound class; B.C. Turner '27 in the 125 pound class; W.A. Clementson '28 in the 135 pound; Joseph Lifrak '29 in the 145 pound; Captain H.R. Wood '27, 158 pound; T.D. Howe '28 in the 175 pound; and S.S. Wilson '28, unlimited class.

Turner, who was undefeated last year and who in addition won the New England Intercollegiate championship, Captain Wood, Howe, and Wilson are veterans who are expected to give a good account of themselves. Lifrak, who will be seen in action in the 145-pound event, starred on the mat last year as Freshman Captain. He is wrestling in the place formerly held by C.C. Corson '28.

To date Columbia has had three meets, coming out on top in all of them. The Columbia Alumni, the Elizabeth Y. M. O. A. of New York, and Brooklyn Polytechnic Institute met defeat at their hands.

Last year Harvard defeated the Columbia team by a score of 21-8.

Captain Lesit in the 175 pound event is Columbia's main threat. For the last two years he has been one of the leading contenders for the Intercollegiate championship, placing last year.

Olliphant in the 135 pound event and Henriquez, 145 pounder, have proved consistent winners for Columbia.

The Freshman wrestling season opens January 15, when the Harvard outfit meets the M.I.T. Freshmen at Hemenway Gymnasium. H.S. Henckel '30, 115 pound; C.F. Dolan '30, 125 pound; J.E. Evans '30, 135 pound, W.S. Hardie '30, 145 pound; J.F. Solano '30, 158 pound; C.H. Parker '30, 175 pound; W.H. Storey '30; unlimited, constitute the probable Freshman team.