1929 PLANS COMPLETED AS NOMINATIONS CLOSE

VOTERS WILL BE GIVEN A WEEK TO PICK OFFICERS

Nominations for the Sophomore class election closed yesterday at noon, according to the announcement made last night by A. E. French '29, present President of the class.

Five names have been added to the original list of nominees. Two more names raise the number of presidential candidates from three to five. Harry Hyman Cutter of Malden and Elbert Grant Manchester of Winsted, Connecticut, are the petitioned nominees.

David Guarnaceia of Wakefield is the single nomination by petition for vice-president. For secretary-treasurer Thomas McGovern of Schenectady, New York, and Lawrence Milton Shapiro of Brooklyn, New York, have been nominated by the required 25 names.

Voting To Be by Cards

900 double postal cards are being sent out to members of the Sophomore class this Friday. They are expected to be in the hands of the class Saturday, and one week will be allowed for their return January 22 being the final date for votes to be accepted.

According to plans announced by the Executive Board of the class last night, the voting will be done on the preferential system. The postal card to be returaed will have the complete list of nominees on it. The voter is to number his choices in the order of his preference. The nominee who receives the least number of points will be elected. Complete direction will be given on the cards addressed to the voters.

The officers will be announced Tuesday, January 25.