INEXPERIENCED CLARK FIVE OPPOSES CRIMSON

SMOOTHLY WORKING ACADEMY TEAM SCORES 41 TO 32 WIN

At 8 o'clock tonight, the University basket-tossers will face the Clark University quintet in the Hemenway Gymnasium. This evening's game follows closely on the heels of the Freshman game played yesterday, in which Cushing Academy defeated the 1930 men by a 41 to 32 score.

Clark is the third opponent of the Crimson five during the present season. Just before the Christmas vacation the Harvard quintet overwhelmed Boston University by a 43 to 20 count and last Saturday defeated M. I. T. 18 to 13 in a close and exciting encounter.

Clark Five Lacks Experience

This year the Clark quintet has not been exceptionally strong, owing to the inexperience of most of the members of the squad. So far they have not won a game, having lost to Northeastern, to Trinity, and to M. A. C. Captain Raymond Shanahan, who will lead the Worcester men into battle, is the most experienced player on the team, and during the past three games has scored over half the points the Worcester college has made.

Yesterday's encounter between the Harvard Freshmen and Cushing Academy contained numerous exciting moments, although there was little brilliant playing on either side. Although during the first few minutes, the Crimson appeared to have the better team, and scored six points before their opponents had any, the Cushing five soon caught up and then forged ahead, so that at the end of the first half the Crimson stood eight points behind. During the early part of the last half Harvard hopes again mounted, as the 1930 men spurned and brought the count to 24 to 26. But the Freshman never regained their lead, and finally lost 32 to 41.

La Rue and Ward showed themselves the best players or the 1930 team, each of them tossing four baskets Ward excelled particularly on shots from the side, but the whole team was weak on shots under the basket.

Cushing Team Work Excels

Fanos starred at center on the Cushing squad, scoring 15 out of the 41 points. His work was ably bakred up bi his team-mates, who by means of a good passing game were able to get the ball down the floor in efficient fashion. Team-work and more accurate short shooting were chiefly responsible for the Cushing victory.

The line-ups follow HARVARD 1930  CUSHING Wenner, Rhodes r.f.  l.g. Crawford, Jones Ward l.f.  r.g. Jones Waterman c.  c. Fanos Le Rue r.g.  l.f. Lillibridge Morris Bigelow, Harper l.g.  r.f. White, Crawford, Corvesle