DIRECTED CRIMSON ELEVENS IN SEVEN TIGER CONTESTS

R. T. Fisher '12, head coach of the University football team from 1919 to 1925, made the following statement to the Crimson last night in regard to the article published in the current number of Liberty Magazine by W. D. Hubbard '22, tackle on the undefeated 1919 and 1920 eleven charging Princeton with playing "dirty" football.

"It is with deepest regret that I learned of the publication of the Hubbard article. The only comforting thought which both Harvard and Princeton men got out of the discontinuance of athletic relations was the assurance that at least it would end the recriminations which had unfortunately crept into the relations of the two universities. Now it seems even that result is to be denied us.

Accusations such as are contained in this article can lead to nothing and only serve to do harm to the greatest of intercollegiate sports. It is unfair to both Princeton and Harvard; to Princeton because it challenges her to defend herself when a defense is uncalled for, to Harvard because of the undignified and unsportsmanlike position in which she is irresistably placed.

"I hesitate to comment on specific charges lest it give impetus to a subject which should never have been brought up. I shall do so only in the event that I feel, in justice to Princeton, this should be done.

"This statement is entirely unofficial as I am not authorized to speak in any capacity for my University. I understand however that officials of the University used every effort to discourage publication of the article."