EDGELL SUCCEEDS ELIOT AS FINE ARTS MUSEUM TRUSTEE

Architectural School Dean to Fill Late President's Place

George Harold Edgell '09, dean of the Harvard School of Architecture, has been elected by the trustees of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts to fill the vacancy on the board caused by the death of Dr. Charles William Eliot, the last of the original incorporators of the Museum. Richard Cary Curtis '16 was also appointed altrustee by Harvard College at the annual meeting of the trustees.

It was also announced by the Museum authorities that Dr. G. A. Reisner '89 is still in Egypt excavating the tomb of Queen Betepet-Heres, probably the mother of King Cheops, which was discovered last year by the Harvard University Museum of Fine Arts Expedition. This discovery, said J. F. Coolidge '15, president of the Museum, will undoubtedly prove to be one of the most important archaeological finds yet made in Egypt. The tomb dates from about the year 3000 B. C., and is situated at a depth of nearly 100 feet within the precincts of the Great Pyramid. The royal burial chamber was filled with furniture, vessels of gold, pottery, and stone. An alabaster sarcophagus, in perfect state of preservation, undoubtedly contains the body of the queen.