MOVIE PRODUCERS TO LEAD COURSE IN BUSINESS SCHOOL

Will Form Part of Course in Business Policy--Hays, Fox. De Mille, and Zukor Among Those to Participate

Beginning March 15, a series of lectures and discussions by leaders in the motion picture industry will form an integral part of the curriculum in the course in Business policy for the second half-year, it was announced by the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration. This course is required for all students in the second year of the Business School, so that the new arrangement pertains to all men who intend to graduate from the School.

This is life first time that any of the larger American Universities has so actively recognized the importance of motion pictures in business and in the life of the nation. The Business School believes that as a business school it should introduce into its regular courses what has now become one of the half dozen largest industries in the country. The number of persons engaged in it is relatively small, but the motion picture industry is now in close contact with and has an important and direct influence on a large proportion of the public in the United States.

Will Hays Among Lecturers

The lectures will be under the direction of Joseph P. Kennedy '12, President of the Film Booking Offices of America, Incorporated. Among those who have already accepted invitations to lead discussions in connection with the lectures are Will Havs, President of the Motion Picture Producers and Distributors of America, Inc.; Adolph Zukor, President of the Famous Players-Lasky Corporation; William Fox, President of the Fox Film Corporation; Marcus Loew, President of the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Distributing Corporation; Jesse Lasky, Vice-President of Famous Players; Harry M. Warner, President of Warner Brothers Picture Corporation; Cecil B. DeMille, of the Cecil B. DeMille Productions; Sidney R. Kent, General Manager of Famous Players; and A. H. Glannini, President of the East River National Bank of New York.

The Harvard Business School is prompted to sponsor this series of lectures primarily for three reasons; the need and opportunity for trained business men in the industry, the influence that the films in this or any other country must have on the lives of the people, and because the motion pictures serve as an illustration of an industry which has grown so rapidly that all stages in its commercial development may be clearly traced.