HASTY PUDDING SHOW TO BE COACHED BY BARRATT

MUSICAL COMEDY WILL FEATURE QUEEN ELIZABETH

Augustus Barratt, director of the popular musical comedy hit "Dearest Enemy" which starred Helen Ford and Charles Purooll last year, has been engaged to coach the manual spring musical comedy of the Hasty Pudding Club, it was announced last night by E. B. Jackson, '28 manager of the forthcoming production.

Mr. Barratt is an Englishman whose wide experience and success in the world of musical comedy will serve to maintain the high standard of the club's shows. In order to get an early start he has issued a call for the actors of the Club to come out the second week after min-years, probably Monday, February 13. After several preliminary tryouts a tentative cast will be chosen, and the parts assigned.

This year the play will deal with Queen Elizabeth and the Elizabethan Age. It will be a costume play in a colorful setting with fitting melodies and attractive dance specialties.

Last year's Pudding show "1776" had a revolutionary setting, and was one of the outstanding successes. The historical aspect will be continued this year. W. S. Wilson '27, the heroine of "1776", will head the cast of the new production. As "Shirley" he created a sensation with his dancing in the 1926 show.

After the two initial performances April at the Hasty Pudding Club in Cambridge, the entire company will go on an extended trip during the spring vacation. Last year the tour included Buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburg, and New York. A trip visiting different cities except for New York, is planned for this springs.