Crimson to Publish Its First Guide to Second Half Courses

"Confidential Guide for College Courses" Will Appear for Second Time This Year on Wednesday--Purpose and Style Remain the Same

The Confidential Guide, a feature of the CRIMSON for the past two years, will appear in the columns of the CRIMSON next week. In the issue of Wednesday morning will be found a Guide similar in form to those which have appeared in the autumn for the last two years.

The step comes as a distinct innovation in the development of the Confidential Guide. Hitherto, it has been published in the fall with criticism of courses beginning in the first half year. This most recent Guide has been designed to accord some similar treatment to the large number of courses that now begin in the second half year.

Not All-Inclusive

As has been the custom in previous Confidential Guides, there will be no attempt made to include every course which will begin after the midyear examination period. Only those courses which are deemed of sufficient interest to the general undergraduate body, and those for which competent reviewers can be found, will be included in the Guide.

In form, the feature will not vary from precedent. The criticism of each course will be a succinct attempt to present an honest criticism of the subject and its manner of presentation. The criticism is at least not avowedly destructive, and the purpose is rather to furnish undergraduates with some better source of information on the courses which are open to them than exists at present.

Opinions Are Sincere'

Each opinion is the personal opinion of a representative student in a position to be able to advise others on the subject and the instructor of the course. The CRIMSON does not officially endorse the opinions in the Guide, but it does guarantee that they are the sincere and honest attempts of a group of representative undergraduates with the double purpose, of serving undergraduates in the choice of electives and of improving the courses of instruction in Harvard College.

The Confidential Guide, as such, may be considered as communications from the editors of the CRIMSON. In all fairness, the columns should be, and are, thrown open to similar criticism from all members of the University who either agree or disagree with the treatment of courses in the Confidential Guide.