PURDUE AVENGES FALL OF INDIANA

Visitors Display Varied Offensive Styles-French, Only University Casualty, May Be Out

Early in October, 1921, a football team from the University of Indiana left the Stadium, after vainly attempting to check a powerful Crimson offense, on the short end of a 19 to 0 score. After a six year interlude in gridiron relations between Cambridge and the Middle West, the football representatives of Purdue, another Indiana university, appeared on the Stadium turf last Saturday and reversed by the same count the former Harvard Hoosier football verdict.

Such names as George Owen '23, C. C. Buell '23, Percy Jenkins '24, and R. K. Kane '22 are intimately associated with steady advances, long passes, and blocked kicks in the account of the former encounter; the names of Wilson, Olson, Hook, Koransky, and a hitherto unknown Sophomore, Welch, will long be connected with slashing off tackle runs, deceptive backfield maneuvers, and a towering front line defense in the mind of all who witnessed the second Stadium clash of east and mid-West. In almost every respect Saturday was the reversal of the 1921 battle; it was this time the Harvard eleven which never got started offensively on the defense; and it was the Hoosier backs who gained almost at will, and who seemed several times on the point of rolling up a bigger score.

Fresh Out of Scrimmage

Hard work in every department with a liberal amount of scrimmaging is the program predicted for the University squad this week. A. E. French '29, who was forced to retire from Saturday's game in the first half with an injury to his side, is the only member of the squad who will not be available for work this week. The exact extent of French's injury has not been an- nounced but it is thought unlikely that he will be seen in action before the Dartmouth clash a week from next Saturday. Either G. E. Donaghy '29 or W. R. Harper '30 will probably take his place in the Team A backfield

The summary of the Harvard-Purdue contest follows:

HARVARD  PURDUEStrong l.e.  r.e. MackeyClark l.f.  r.t. GalletchTurner l.g.  r.g.HookBell c.  c. OlsonSimonds r.g.  l.g. PrenticePrati r.t.  l.t. EickmanLord r.e.  l.e. HuttonBrown q.b.  q.b. WilsonCrosby l.h.b.  r.h.b. LeichtieFreuch r.h.b.  l.h.b. WelchGuarnaccia f.b.  f.b. Koransk