DARTMOUTH BUILDING PROGRAM PROGRESSING

New $1,000,000 Library Is Gift of George F. Baker--New Dormitory Will Accommodate 100 Men

By The Dartmouth.

Dartmouth College, which will meet Harvard this afternoon, opened with the largest enrollment in the history of the institution when 2280 men registered in the various classes and graduate schools. The College is normally adapted to taking care of 2000 students, an had considerable difficulty last month in finding places for the surplus enrollment.

A tremendous number of the proletariat are commanding thirteen dollars a day for laying red brick on top of another as the erection of the new $1,000,000 library nears completion. The structure is at the north end of the campus, and is the most imposing and expensive of Dartmouth's buildings. The million dollars was forth-coming from George F. Baker, the New York philanthropist, who contributed towards the Harvard Business School. The work is going on steadily, the superstructure being almost complete. Parts of the library will be ready for occupancy at the close of the present semester, and the entire building is under contract for completion before Commencement in June.

Laborers are working by night under a vast system of flood-lights to complete the exterior of a new dormitory before the snow makes its annual appearance in Hanover. The dormitory is located west of Hitchcock, on Tuck Drive, where all future expansion of the College will take place. This structure is also of red brick, and will accomodate approximately 100 men.